[mythtv-users] Low memory optimizations?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Mar 21 21:04:37 UTC 2007

Enigma wrote:
> mythfrontend or X?  I saw a thread a little while ago about some themes
> using more memory than other themes, does anyone have a definitive
> answer on the theme with the lowest memory usage?

I can definitively tell you that I included Iulius in the
source because it is lightweight, loads fast and uses less
memory. The menus have large, wide text areas with no icons
to be scaled and stored in memory.

If this doesn't fix all your problems (which I expect it won't)
then the size of the theme is not the issue.

--  bjm

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/4955/trunk/myththemes/Iulius/ui.xml