[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause/CPU speed or memory issue; ATI remotes

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Mar 21 21:58:23 UTC 2007

Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>>

>> P.S.  I have an old ATI Remote Wonder remote in a drawer upstairs.
>> Anyone
>> used one of these with the SilverStone IR cases, and if so, care to
>> share
>> your lircd.conf and .lircrc files?   :-)
>

> The ATI Remote Wonder is an RF remote, and works only with the USB
> receiver
> that comes along with it.  The case has nothing to do with the
> configuration
> for that remote.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Ah, got it.  Who knows where the USB dongle is...the remote's been in that
drawer for ages.  And even if I found it, I know LIRC is pretty spotty
about  USB/RF remotes.

I'll keep working on getting the remote that came with the case to
work...weird, though, there are certain buttons, like "Vol+" and "Vol-",
that don't work right even though there are valid codes in lircd.conf and
mappings in .lircrc (in this case, despite the fact that I have them
mapped to "[" and "]", pressing the keys results in "<-" and "->", so the
recording skips back or forward instead of changing the volume).

Bob