[mythtv-users] Fox Chicago (WLFD) OTA HD - Nearly unwatchable

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Mar 21 23:11:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 10:28 -0500, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It's nice to see somebody else on here from Chicago.  By any chance do
> you subscribe to a cable provider?  Comcast?  Wide Open West?  Not
> order the 'hi-def' package, but just get the basic cable?  If so, they
> are "required" by the FCC to carry the digital hi-def channels on the
> line.  That might help....it did for me.

also in chicago (in the city) and have a pchdtv hd-5500 like the OP. i
use a pvr-350 to record basic cable stuff from comcast, and the 5500 to
record ota hd without problems.  but i am only about 2 miles from the
towers.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E