[mythtv-users] New to building computers and MythTV

Jon Sustar digitaldoodler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:46:28 UTC 2007

I'm a computer science and engineering major, so I have a lot of experience
in software development, but I'm lacking in the hardware area.  I understand
how all of the components work (memory, processors, etc.), but I don't yet
know how to put all of those components together.  I'm hoping that by
building my own PC, I'll be able to learn all of that at once (with the help
from some friends).

I've never used Linux before either, but I want to, so I figure building a
PC that runs soley on it will get me to learn it.  I'll most likely try out
Linux for a while, and then install MythTV, since it seems that it has a
pretty large learning curve.