[mythtv-users] 128 mb Fx5200 V 256 Mb XFS 6200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 22 14:52:20 UTC 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:31 AM, David Campbell wrote:

> I guess I need to read some more why an XP3000+ combined with an
> MX4000
> doesn't cut it with BBC HD
>
> If anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful

I think you are very close to the edge with that setup. XvMC will not
help you with H264, which is what I think the BBC is testing for  HD.

I'd start by making sure anything you don't really need is not
running, and perhaps try a lightweight desktop like enlightenment or
ratpoison (or even no window manager) instead of something like KDE
or Gnome,

Make sure you are actually running at the CPU's max rate (no
frequency scaling or the like) and you might even try a mild overclock.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org