[mythtv-users] mythtv applications crashes X

Bjorn Lundberg bjorn.lundberg at hep.lu.se
Thu Mar 22 15:21:02 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:

> I would suspect hardware then.  Start by looking at smart output and run
> memtest and see if anything falls over.

After really dissecting the PC and trying the cards one by one, I've
concluded that you're right in that there must be a hardware issue with
the DVB-T card.
When inserted with the other TV-cards it works with kaffeine and vlc but
not mythtv, but alone in the PC it's not recognized in kaffeine (forgot
to check vlc) and any myth-application once again crashes the new X driver.
So I guess it's not broken but almost... Maybe a dried up electrolytic?
Worth trying to replace them.
 Will probably still work in a windows machine for normal viewing.
The hard part now is finding a new suitable replacement card that works
under linux at least as good as this one did...