[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause/CPU speed or memory issue; ATI remotes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 22 16:24:20 UTC 2007

Bob Sully wrote:

> I'll keep working on getting the remote that came with the case to
> work...weird, though, there are certain buttons, like "Vol+" and "Vol-",
> that don't work right even though there are valid codes in lircd.conf and
> mappings in .lircrc (in this case, despite the fact that I have them
> mapped to "[" and "]", pressing the keys results in "<-" and "->", so the
> recording skips back or forward instead of changing the volume).

Unless you have a typo in the codes listing in lircd.conf, (such that
your definitions are swapped) my bet would be that you have more than
one lircrc file floating around.

IIRC, there is one of these as /home/mythtv/.lircrc. There can be one as
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc. There can be one as /root/.lircrc and you
could even have others floating around. The only safe way to handle this
is to make symlinks so that all of them are the same file at
/home/mythtv/.lircrc.

Find is your friend.

Geoff

--