[mythtv-users] HowTo map HDHomeRun scanned channels to Zap2it listing source?

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:31:15 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> William Munson wrote:
> > Byron Poland wrote:
> >
> >> Here's generally what I did....
> >>
> >> do a channel scan, but don't pull in the channels from zap2it ie run
> >> mythfilldatabase.
> >>
> >> go through the channels in live tv, and used the channel editor "E"
> >> and in put the channel number and Call Sign exactly as zap2it has it.
> >> Then when you finish that, you can run mythfilldatabase.  Even after
> >> doing this I think I had to do a little clean up with the channel
> >> editor in mythweb.
> >>

> > I am not quite sure I understand. You want me to take digital channel
> > 200 (for example purposes) and map the hi def channel info to be the
> > same. That part I understand. What is to keep myth from attempting to
> > tune the digital cable box to 200 instead of the hd tuner?
> >
> Or am I looking at this backwards.... Should my digital cable source
> only contain the channels that my cable box can tune and my hidef
> channels are mapped to SD channel info? What do you do about discoveryHD
> and the like which have different programming than the SD discovery channel?

First up you can just use "Y" to switch tuners...
but...

I'm talking straight HD channel to HD Lineup channel.

Maybe I'm getting you confused by assuming you have different lineups
for your sources.. but I'm remembering you can only create one lineup
per cable lineup, even if you change your zip code.

I may be getting too much over my head, because I only deal with OTA
and HD QAM and thats it.  no other sources or lineups.