[mythtv-users] 128 mb Fx5200 V 256 Mb XFS 6200

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 22 16:42:53 UTC 2007

David Campbell wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:

>>> Thanks - I feared as much.  Time to shell out for some dual core
>>> goodness.
>> That's certainly the easiest solution.
>
> Also expensive.
<snip>

Expensive might be relative.  You can get a really motherboard and x2
3800 processor for around $150.  I was reluctant to buy a new board,etc
just to run HD, but it was well worth the price.  No more issues, no
more tweaking for ever last cpu cycle.  It just works.  On top of that
the box is silent and uses less power.