[mythtv-users] Missing thumbnails in mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 23 01:56:43 UTC 2007

On 03/21/2007 01:45 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Mr. Myth wrote:
>
>> I understand your goal was to embarrass me in a public forum - but none
>> the less you did help me.
>>

> I think it was more to point out that people running svn are unlikely to
> get help.  Most discussion about svn stuff goes on in -dev, not -users.

Right.  I'm mainly using your message as an excuse to put out another
reminder--to anyone reading my message--of the commitment expected of
people who run SVN trunk.  I generally put comments like these in any
message where I answer questions about trunk.

>> I do read mythtv-dev since I am running trunk.  There is no discussion
>> of this bug in that forum.  Apparently, I had a misconception about
>> mythtv-commits.  I thought it was just for the posting of what was
>> committed to svn.  I thought all discussion of those patches happened in
>> -dev list.  I have now subscribed to that list and well and see the
>> discussion of the bug.
>>

> You are correct.  That's all that -commits is for.  But if you're
> running svn trunk, you're expected to read those messages because there
> is often important info in there about new behaviors, etc (not in the
> case of the icon bug, though).

Yeah, and since messages from the tickets are sent via the -commits
list, by subscribing to it, you'll be able to see a) what bug reports
have been filed (reducing the chances of duplicates), b) what tickets
were closed as invalid (and why), c) the recommendations from developers
who are trying to help users solve problems reported in their tickets,
and d) the final resolution to the tickets.  There's a lot of good
information in the -commits list (especially when you also consider the
tickets).

Reading all of those messages, though, you're likely to see how someone
might find the constant repetition tiresome...  :)

Mike