[mythtv-users] How to Stop ACPI RTC Wakeup?

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 03:04:51 UTC 2007

Antani-

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If you mean the alarm wakeup enable, it only affects the APM alarm, not the ACPI alarm which are separate.  There is no BIOS dialog for accessing the ACPI alarm enable.

Nick,

Tried echoing 0.  No joy.  I suspect it is because I have modified the /etc/init.d/halt script to read back the contents of /proc/acpi/alarm before posting the system clock to the hardware clock at shutdown and then re-echoing the value back to /proc/acpi/alarm which essentially treats it as setting the alarm for midnight GMT.  Apparently the only way to stop it is to NOT re-echo after posting the system clock to the hardware clock as it had been doing when I couldn't get the system to successfully wake up at a specified time to begin with.

Solution: Since my MythTV system should never be waking up at precisely xx:00:00 (otherwise I would be missing part of a show while the system is booting up ;-)  ), I will expand the modification to /etc/init.d/halt to test the string obtained from /proc/acpi/alarm to see if it is the value I would get if the last value sent to it was "0".  That value on my system is "2007-00-00 00:00:00".  If I get a string match, just don't echo it back to /proc/acpi/alarm after posting the system clock to the hardware clock.

Here's hoping this works.

I'll let you know (tomorrow at the earliest, since it's already after midnight GMT here :)  ).

Craig Huff