[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 23 13:07:42 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 06:37:07 Michael Freeman wrote:
> Hmm...performance is fine even with 1 core pegged...but Gentoo doesn't have
> an unmasked ebuild for the intel driver

Any masked ebuilds?

> And the raw driver from the xorg site complains about neeeding xorg-server
>
> >=1.3 for modesetting code...no gentoo ebuild for that either

Bwha?!? Something bleeding-edge isn't available for Gentoo?!? Isn't that some
kind of paradox? Sheesh, Gentoo really *has* fallen on hard times... ;)

> Could I somehow shoehorn the driver from 7.1 on and not have to use what
> appears to be bleeding edge code?

A few revisions ago, I *think* the intel driver still ran on xorg 7.1 (the
driver and xorg code I'm running is actually pre-7.2). Earlier xorg than
that, I dunno...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com