[mythtv-users] well cooled case

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Mar 23 14:34:49 UTC 2007

I need a recommendation for a case...

This is for a box with 3 video cards, two of which are nVidia Quadro and
they run *hot*.

The problem is that, after both my kids use it for a while, the system
locks up.  It's typical of overheating failure, as the system is very
stable if only one user is on it or it is idle.

The two Quadra cards sit in the PCI slots.  So far, I have not been able
to find a case that will draw enough air over the PCI slots area.  Most
focus on the CPU area and the AGP/PCI-e 16x slots.

I've found several that have 120mm fans, but what I really need is a
case that has provisions for a forced air exhaust over the PCI slots.  I
could cut a hole there and bolt on a fan, but I can't help but think
there must be a better solution....

Even fan driven heatsinks for the Quadra cards would help if I could get
them cheap enough and if they forced the air to the top of the card.

Failing any of that, a case with one 120mm exhaust fan below the PS and
a 120 mm intake fan at the lower front panel would be better than what I
have now.

--Yan