[mythtv-users] games not scanning

Tom Weichmann tomcw at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 24 05:40:18 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 08:11, David Campbell wrote:
> Tom Weichmann wrote:
> > OK I connected to the database and looks like everything is OK, but I did
> > have to change your commandlines from  where playername ='SNES'; to
> > where playername ='ZSNES'; and from where system = 'SNES' to
> > where system = 'ZSNES'
> >
> > Should I change the name of my player to be SNES rather then ZSNES?
>
> I would.
>
> > Anywhy here is my output:
> >
> > mysql> select playername,rompath,commandline,gametype from gameplayers
> > where playername = 'Zsnes';
> > +------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
> >
> > | playername | rompath          | commandline    | gametype |
> >
> > +------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
> >
> > | Zsnes      | /windows/F/Roms/ | /usr/bin/zsnes | SNES     |
> >
> > +------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
> > 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> I would change the setting to this:
>
> mysql> select playername,commandline,gametype from gameplayers where
> playername = 'SNES';
> +------------+----------------+----------+
>
> | playername | commandline    | gametype |
>
> +------------+----------------+----------+
>
> | SNES       | zsnes -k 25 -m | SNES     |

Thanks again for your help, I tried that and still no listing.  I then cleared
my games and re-seached for them.  Here is what I got:

mysql> select playername,commandline,gametype from gameplayers where
    -> playername = 'SNES';
+------------+----------------+----------+
| playername | commandline    | gametype |
+------------+----------------+----------+
| SNES       | zsnes -k 25 -m | SNES     |
+------------+----------------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select playername, rompath, commandline, gametype from
    -> gameplayers where playername ='SNES';
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
| playername | rompath          | commandline    | gametype |
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
| SNES       | /windows/F/Roms/ | zsnes -k 25 -m | SNES     |
+------------+------------------+----------------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select system, romname from gamemetadata where system = 'SNES'
    -> limit 10;
+--------+------------------------------------+
| system | romname                            |
+--------+------------------------------------+
| SNES   | Beavis and Butthead.smc            |
| SNES   | California Games II.smc            |
| SNES   | Castlevania - Vampire's Kiss.smc   |
| SNES   | Der Langrisser.smc                 |
| SNES   | Drift King - Shutokou Battle 2.smc |
| SNES   | ESPN Sunday Night NFL.smc          |
| SNES   | F-1 Grand Prix Part III.smc        |
| SNES   | F-Zero.smc                         |
| SNES   | GT Racing.smc                      |
| SNES   | Jeopardy! Deluxe Edition.smc       |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Looks like everything is OK, but still no list and still no way to play a game
in MythTV.

Any ideas?

Tom Weichmann