[mythtv-users] Happy Anniversary

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:58:18 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > uptime
> >   15:46:15 up 365 days,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> >
> > And:
> >
> > apcaccess
> > NUMXFERS : 183
> > CUMONBATT: 1092 seconds
> >
> > Lessons from a year of uptime:
> >
> > The RAID0 storage (2x250GB) array is probably not necessary, and
> > doubles the chance of disk failure.
> >
> > A UPS is a MUST.
> >
> > Four PVR-150s was overkill, three would have been fine.
> >
> > Once it's working, LEAVE IT ALONE.
> >
> My master backend has an uptime of around 280 days and I know the UPS
> has saved it at least 10 times as my other mythbox is not on the UPS
> and I have had to turn the power back on at least 10 times in the last
> year... I doubt it will hit the year mark as I know I will have to
> blow the dust out of the heatsinks before summer as the AC does not
> work well in the room that I have it in.

agreed on the UPS!
I've got
04:55:03 up 118 days, 14:01,  2 users,  load average: 1.33, 1.66, 1.69

of course, I'm due for a shutdown soon to do some hardware changes...

John, look into filters, I've got a few on my backend, they require
wiping once in a while, but its much easier than having to vacuum out
the case =) they also lower the volume level a bit.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!