[mythtv-users] deleting music database

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Sat Mar 24 17:46:31 UTC 2007

matt lutz wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm having a bit of a problem with the music database.  I use iTunes to
> handle my music collection, and I recently had to re-install.  When that
> happened, a new version of iTunes changed some of the filenames around.
> In order to update myth, I ran a "scan for new music", and it ended up
> showing a bunch of duplicates in there.  I wanted to just start over, so
> I changed my music path to /tmp and then re-scanned.  What's strange is
> that it won't remove all of the entries... there were still a bunch in
> there (but many were deleted).  Then, if I restore to the correct path &
> rescan, there are even more duplicates.
>
> How do I just start over?  Can I just delete a table in the mythconverg
> database?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deleting the table would be a bad thing if you wanted to use mythmusic
again.

I think you need to truncate the following tables to start afresh

  music_albums
  music_artists
  music_genres
  music_playlists
  music_smartplaylist_categories
  music_smartplaylist_items
  music_smartplaylists
  music_songs
  music_stats
  musicmetadata
  musicplaylist

syntax is

DELETE FROM TABLENAME

to delete all the data but retain the table structure

TRUNCATE TABLE TABLENAME

would also work.

You might want to wait for someone a bit more knowledgable about the
mythmusic before doing this  - your call.

Dave