[mythtv-users] Just trying to maximize my mythtv setup

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 00:56:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 19:07 -0400, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 19:01 -0400, Nathan A. Smith wrote:
>
> > Oh,
> >
> > Forgot one other question....
> >
> > Comcast has all it's HD content on channels in the 200 and up range,
> > however all the searches for QAM ends at 160.  Am I confused?
> >
> > Nasa
> >

> Nasa,
> 	Your are confusing the frequency based channels that standard analog TV
> uses with the channel numbers that Comcast assigns to the stations they
> send down the wire.
>
> 	With QAM, you end up with multiple stations on a single analog channel.
> I use Comcast as well, and for my specific Comcast headend, the HD
> channels are on analog channels 76,77,80,110 and 111, but the numbers
> displayed on the cable box are all in the 200 range, like yours.
>
> 	Don't let those numbers confuse you :)
>
> 	Is it possible you have been doing a high channel scan, rather than a
> full scan? I know when I do a high scan, I miss the stuff that is on 76
> and 77, because the scan starts up higher than that...
Thanks a lot for the clarification Matt, it's much appreciated.

As far as which scans I have done....  I have done them all (except with
QAM 128) with ony the these stations having potential for HD content
79#1 - 79#22, 80#1- 80#8, 83#1, 85#1, 86#1, 111#1- 111#3.  Which does
seem very similar to what you found.  Do any of those channels work for
you?

Nasa