[mythtv-users] Screensaver

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 25 13:48:56 UTC 2007

Bruce Nordstrand schreef:
> Phill
>
> When the screensaver was active on my box, pressing any remote key would
> deactivate it. Be careful though as the keypress gets passed onto Myth
> as well as turn off the screensaver, so whatever is highlighted, executes :)

How did you set up this feature ? Or is your remote(receiver) emulating
a PS2/USB keyboard ?

I am trying to get just this feature active but whatever button I press
on the remote, the screensaver keeps running.
As soon as I hit the shift key on the attached PS2 keyboard it
deactivates nicely.
I like the screensaver and DPMS features to be as they are now as when
I'm watching a recording and it finishes it drops back into the
selection menu and the screensaver kicks in after some minutes and a few
minutes later DPMS switches off the LCD.

Now I just want to get rid of the keyboard :-)

My remote receiver is a simple serial port type with the Hauppauge
remote. (There are no Hauppauge cards in this frontend)

Gert