[mythtv-users] My schedule got deleted on upgrade!

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sun Mar 25 15:45:42 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007 23:11, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> If your capture card/drivers change, you'll need to delete and re-add
> capture cards /and/ video sources.  You should also use the Delete All
> buttons to delete them; otherwise, you'll leave old data there that will
> likely cause problems.

If by this you mean that you've got to assign video sources to input
connections using the Input Connections section of mythtv-setup, I agree. If
by this you mean you must delete and then re-create all your video sources
using the Video Sources section of mythtv-setup, then please elaborate. I've
left my Video Sources in place through all sorts of experimentation with my
video input cards and I've seen no problems that have been obviously
traceable to this practice. Of course, it's possible that some of the
problems I have had have had this practice as a cause and I just don't
realize that fact. If this is the case, I'd like to know what sorts of
problems I'm likely to see when I fail to delete and then re-create video
sources.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com