[mythtv-users] Is it possible to manually add channels to a hdhomerun lineup?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 16:56:09 UTC 2007

Are you sure that's a channel number, and not a frequency number?
Here's a snippet of my channel scan using the hdhomerun tool:

SCANNING: 561000000 (us-cable:80, us-irc:80)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=73 snq=80 seq=100)
PROGRAM: 1: 1.1 D1_1 WR
PROGRAM: 2: 0.0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM: 3: 1.3 D1_3 WJ

So this shows 2 unencrypted subchannels under the one frequency. I get
80.1, and 80.3, which comcast has forwarding to 1.1 and 1.3
respectfully. To program these channels into myth, the sql would look
like so:

+--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+---------+-----------+
| chanid | channum | freqid    | callsign | xmltvid | mplexid | serviceid |
+--------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+---------+-----------+
|   1012 | 704     | 561000000 | WRCDT    | 19578   |       2 |         1 |
|   1013 | 707     | 561000000 | WJLADT   | 19579   |       2 |         3 |

The chanid field i beleive was autoassigned by myth. channum is what
the channel is listed as in zap2it lineups. freqid is the frequency
found from the hdhr scan above, the callsign also from zap2it. xmltvid
was autodiscovered I think when I ran mythfilldatabase. The mplexid is
what myth assigns to that frequency in the dtv_multiplex table.
serviceid is the program number from the hdhr scan above.

I hope this helps. I got a lot of the tips on how to go about doing
this, from reading this page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards
-J