[mythtv-users] Is a kernel upgrade worthwhile for HD viewing? Ubuntu 6.10 with 2.6.16-generic kernel.

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 25 18:08:21 UTC 2007

I was wondering if upgrading the kernel from 2.6.16 to something more
recent is going to cure my stutters? I am having thruput issues watching
HD live. It seems to keep up pretty well on pre-recorded HD material but
stutters all the time when trying to watch "live tv". System running a
athlonXP 2200+, FX5200 agp graphics card. Nvidia driver 9755 (The most
recent)  System has 512 meg ram and a pair of 7200rpm drives configured
as a LVM with XFS formatting. Recording from a hdhomeRun connected to
the same switch as the backend. Anything else suspect in this list?

Bill