[mythtv-users] "watch tv" from frontend only

Matt Gibson diwelf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:06:19 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Before I get too deep into this. I have a quick question. I have a
frontend/backend running in my living room, and just got a new laptop,
so I installed ubuntu + mythfrontend on it.

I can connect to the backend fine, and watch all my recorded shows
etc. But, I cannot seem to "watch tv"

Is this supposed to be the case, or am I doing something wrong?

I was figuring that if the tuner wasn't in use on the backend box,
that I could "watch tv" using the frontend and see what the backend is
seeing, is this not the case?

Thanks,
MG