[mythtv-users] lirc almost

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Mon Mar 26 01:29:23 UTC 2007

Le lundi 26 mars 2007 à 01:52 +0100, Nick Morrott a écrit :
> On 26/03/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> > After a bad upgrade FC4 -> FC6 nothing was working anymore with problem
> > between ivtv-fb and saa7127 modules.
> >
> > I finally compile kernel 2.6.20.4 from source, ivtv latest and lirc from
> > latest svn
> >
> > Everything compile like a charm thank's to all the people involved in
> > these packages !
> >
> > now I get mythtv working with PVR350 TV-out and X-driver. my two card
> > are detected OK PVR350 and 500 and my remote is working via irw.
>
> Easy question first, do you still have a valid ~/.lircrc file (and
> symlink to ~/.mythtv/lircrc if using older MythTV) with appropriate
> LIRC->mythtv button mappings for your mythfrontend user?
>
> Nick

I didn't touch anything about these files:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 mythtv mythtv     6927 mar  3  2006 .lircrc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv mythtv    20 fév  5  2006 lircrc
-> /home/mythtv/.lircrc

as irw show me all the button I push I suppose yes also mythtv was
running fine on that machine before upgrade and recompiling. But what do
you mean by 'older mythtv' I've installed the latest from rpm:

rpm -qa |grep mythtv
mythtv-0.20-154.fc6.at
mythtv-frontend-0.20-154.fc6.at
mythtv-backend-0.20-154.fc6.at