[mythtv-users] lirc almost

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 03:18:54 UTC 2007

On 26/03/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> Le lundi 26 mars 2007 à 02:39 +0100, Nick Morrott a écrit :
> > On 26/03/07, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > I didn't touch anything about these files:
> > >
> > > -rwxr-xr-x  1 mythtv mythtv     6927 mar  3  2006 .lircrc
> > > lrwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv mythtv    20 fév  5  2006 lircrc
> > > -> /home/mythtv/.lircrc
> > >
> > > as irw show me all the button I push I suppose yes also mythtv was
> > > running fine on that machine before upgrade and recompiling.
> >
> > Only other LIRC issue I can think of offhand is a difference in the
> > remote name between /etc/lircd.conf and ~/.lircrc - but if the files
> > are the same, this is unlikely to be the reason.
> >

> /etc/lircd.conf:
>
> name grayHauppauge
> bits 13
> flags RC5
> eps 30
> aeps 100
>
> irw output:
>
> 00000000000017a5 00 OK grayHauppauge
> 00000000000017a5 01 OK grayHauppauge
>
> # ~/.mythtv/lircrc
> #
> # MythTV native LIRC config file for
> # the new grey Hauppauge remote
>
> the file is from Jarod guide with few modif for xine control improvement
>
> both file are different /etc/lircd.conf and ~/.lircrc but it's OK I
> suppose as it was always like that before.

That is to be expected as each file serves a different purpose.
/etc/licd.conf contains mappings from the remote codes LIRC receives
to button names that LIRC passes to the system. lircrc maps those
button names to keys or command on the system that programs can use.
You need to ensure that remote control definition and button names
match up between the two files, otherwise there is no connection
between the two files. See the LIRC docs for more information.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/