[mythtv-users] New FE machine feedback and Q's

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:54:04 UTC 2007

On 26/03/07, Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up a new FE for my parents, config:
> Using a kill-a-watt, machine at idle @ full cpu ~ 70 watts,
> about 60 watts if the cpu slows to 1000Mhz with Quiet-n-Cool.
> Full load & cpu speed ~ 110watts.

I'm also setting up a new system in an Antec Fusion case.

Out of interest, what's the power draw with the system shutdown?  I
figure that much of the motherboard is still powered up, so that WOL
and Wake-on-Timer can work, and I can see my capture card LEDs glowing
away so they're clearly powered up too.  I'm hoping it's just few
Watts, but it would be interesting to know for sure.