[mythtv-users] Avermedia A180 and HD Channels

Chris Funk cfunk30myth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:10:01 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/26/07, Chris Funk <cfunk30myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >  I setup a slave backend this weekend (Fedora 6, atrpms,  2.6.20-1.2933)
> > and added an avermedia A180 to it.  I followed the HOWTO in the wiki for
> > that card.  Everything installed fine.  When I got to the mythtv setup
> > portion, I went in to scan channels, the signal says 99% and
> signal/noise
> > says 91% for all channels, but it times out on every channel it goes
> > through.  I tried  bcast, cable, cable-hrc etc etc all using QAM-256.  I
> > gave up on that and started following the QAM256 channel howto on the
> wiki.
> >  Got through that.  the scan resulted in a file with 297 "channels".
> > Unfortunately Comcast out of Greeley Colorado doesn't send the channel
> name,
> > so it was just a bunch of [000d] type "names".  I went through the
> procedure
> > of capture video, then grabbing jpegs from mplayer.  Found the networks
> and
> > created a channels.conf file.  Went back in to scan files and imported
> the
> > channels.conf.  It added the 5 I had in my .conf file.  Here is where I
> get
> > confused, and the howto kinda lost me at this point.
> >
> >  After the import of the channels.conf file, the channels were
> 501-506  (on
> > my stb they are 652-657)  maybe that doesn't matter?
> >
> >  I setup a zap2it lineup called HD.  I used the local broadcast and
> selected
> > just those 5 HD/DT channels.  added the video source on the master, then
> > went back to the slave and associated HD with the card.  Ran
> > mythfilldatabase from the master.
> >
> >  So channels 501-506 show up in the guide.  (no program data
> however)  If I
> > try to view them, it comes up with the "All available inputs are being
> > used... yada yada" message.
> >  Also, and i'm not entirely sure how this works, but in my master
> backend I
> > have a PVR-500 1st input is straight from coax, 2nd input is coming out
> of a
> > STB.  If I hit Y on one of the front ends, It cycles through the "Basic"
> > input and the "Digital" input, but doesn't go to the "Hd" input.
> >
> >  I was really confused by it and thus focused on the fact that the
> channels
> > were numbered "incorrectly".  Is that even an issue?  Not really sure
> where
> > to go from here.
> >
> >  Lastly,  Thanks to Isaac and all the other devs for creating an
> incredible
> > program.
> >
> >  Chris
>
> I'd make sure the master backend sees the slave backend. Go to to
> Mythweb's Backend Status screen or the System Information in the
> frontend. It should say something along the lines of "Encoder 4 is
> [...]

Thanks Steve,

Here's what happens, the first time I logged into myweb it said:
Encoder 5 is remote on mythhd.home.loc (currently not connected).

I thought I might have turned off the mythbackend service on the slave, so i
turned it on, now it says:
Encoder 5 is remote on mythhd.home.loc and is not recording.

However as soon as I refresh the mythweb status screen I get:
"Mainserver: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd (GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 5,
exiting"
on the slave backend log.

Obviously I have something setup wrong?

Thanks