[mythtv-users] Scan for channels not working with 2.6.20

gchris gchris at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 26 16:09:40 UTC 2007

> Larry Jones wrote:
>
>> >I believe my "no ATSC channels found" problem arrived with upgrade to
>> >the .20 kernel.   All my fedora 6 myth installs are via what ever Axel
>> >Theem (sp?) generously  offers on his atrpms site.
>> >

> Hmm.. my setup also stopped working for _some_ channels with kernel
> 2.6.20. I downgraded back to 2.6.18.3 and it works fine. It would be
> nice to know what has been broken, otherwise I will be stuck with this
> kernel for a while..

There are two problems at work here.
The current 2.6.20 kernel no longer autoloads the cx88-dvb module needed
by some HD cards.  Axel posted a circumvention earlier in this thread.

There does appear to be a problem with channel scanning with the current
  atRPMs used with this kernel.

Both problems are actively being worked on and I'd recommend a little
restraint on upgrading until the problems are fully understood and
fixed.  I'll post a "Solved" subject line when I know that to be true.

Chris