[mythtv-users] Avermedia A180 and HD Channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 26 20:21:28 UTC 2007

On 03/26/2007 03:15 PM, Chris Funk wrote:
> That worked!!  Channel numbers are still in the 500's though,  I went
> in and then did another scan after doing the channels.conf import.  It
> was the "Use existing transports" or something like that.  It found
> the correct chann numbers then.  Said something like adding KUSADT 653
> as 502.  I guess I just need to change the channum and chanid fields
> so that mythfilldatabase will get the correct listings.

Channel numbers are only used to specify which channel to watch during
LiveTV, so you can change them to anything you want.  Channel ID's
should never be edited by users (they are supposed to be internal to
Myth, which is why the UI doesn't show them to you).  Listings data is
associated with channels using the xmltvid.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor and the
XMLTVID link in the page.

Mike