[mythtv-users] "Jerkiness" with Pinnacle Hybrid 310i DVB-T

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Tue Mar 27 08:16:57 UTC 2007

>You mean "using _both cards_ in a windows enviroment works without
>this problem"?

Frankly, I have never tested my PVR's in Windows.

If I record (with 3.6GB/h) from all four inputs on the PVR-500's all is
well. If I _only_ record/watch from the Pinnacle, I get the "jerkyness".

>Is it possible hard-drive speed is an issue?

I do not think so, two drive RAID-0 SATA.

>What's your hard-drive configuration?

Two 300GB SATA-Drives.

>Could it be
>that your distro has a similar script that is not being run?

I am on Debian, and yes, Hdparm runs on boot. For my PATA-drives

>Finally, you don't mention the frontend. Are you playing these
>recordings across a network?

Yes, frontend is a remote on a gigabit network.

If I use MythTV player on Windows. I have no problem watching three
streams from the PVR's simultaneously without any hiccups. But even if I
make sure nothing else is going on, I still get the "jerks" from the
Pinnacle (Naturally, I cannot test live TV from the windows boxes)

--
Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
innehåll av MailScanner och förmodas vara säkert.