[mythtv-users] Question regarding Westinghouse LVM-37W3 w/ Geforce 6150 (On board video)

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:22:40 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I'm attempting to get the resolution resolved using  an asus m2nbp-vm
motherboard with a Geforce 6150 LE onboard.

I'm currently connecting to the monitor via VGA cable (dvi on the way...).

When I set the resolution to 1920x1080 (the preferred native resolution
of the monitor), X comes up *way* to big (screen real estate wise).  I
can not see the standard desktop icons (they are way off to the left),
nor can I see the task bar (way off to the bottom) and windows that
attempt to open in the upper right corner loose their title bar.

Other resolutions do work, though aren't as 'nice' as the native resolution.

Another interesting thing - the manual suggests 1920x1080 at 60hz,
though X only allows me to pick 50hz.

So, my questions are:

1) Is this a video card issue?  I have a 5200 floating around I can also
try...
2) Is it just a matter of tweaking the modeline - playing with the
'front porch' 'back porch' settings till the image fits?
3) Cabling?
4) Sync rate?  xorg.conf gives the more or less standard range  - 30.0 -
68.0 and 58.0 - 72.0

TIA!
Brian