[mythtv-users] More bang for the buck? Processor or faster ram?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 27 22:38:01 UTC 2007

I currently have a athlonXP 2200+ with 512 meg of 133MHz ram. I am
having skipping problems on some HD channels, others play fine. My cpu
usage runs 80-100% on the problem channels. My question is this: Which
is going to give me the most improvement? Going to 266MHz ram and maybe
more ram or going to a faster processor? Say a 2800+ or 3300+? I can
reconfigure the board for either option. Yes, I understand that
upgrading both will be the best but the budget says no to that option...

Yours thoughts?