[mythtv-users] Lirc ignoring input when computer is busy

Mark Covington markcov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:24:02 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Remote signal decoding is a very time-sensitive process.  Under load,
> LIRC isn't getting enough contiguous time to process the signal, so it
> doesn't recognize the signal appropriately.

Wasn't aware it was that intensive.  Plus I figured the command would sit in
a queue somewhere rather than being dropped entirely.
No scaling happening (cpuspeed daemon is off).  Fedora Core 6.

So do I need to set the lircd binary as setuid root or give it a realtime
priority?  My previous mythbox never had this problem.  At worst the command
would be queued and appear a second or so after you pressed the button.  It
wasn't dropped.

--
Mark Covington
markcov at gmail.com