[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Frontend and Backend

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 28 03:28:58 UTC 2007

On 27 Mar 2007, at 21:41, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> 2007-03-27 16:17:12.340 Fetching lineups from Tribune Media Zap2It...
> 2007-03-27 16:17:12.405 Grabbing channel data
> sh: line 1: wget: command not found
>
> It is likely something to do with the path.

Surely so.

> I created a
> /usr/local/bin directory, and copied wget to it.  In Terminal,
> created a .bash_profile and put the following into it:
>
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
> export PATH
>
> Still the same error message.  Can someone steer me in the right
> direction?

Did you restart the Finder after doing this?

Honestly, I have no certainty that either Finder or MythTV-Setup.app
will source .bash_profile, so don't be surprised if that makes no
difference. In fact, my .bash_profile starts with the comment "#This
file is sourced by bash when you log in interactively."; that would
incline me to try .bashrc instead, but I wouldn't stake my life that
would work, either.

I see that on my Linux system:
   $ which wget
   /usr/bin/wget
   $

So you might try making a symlink like that on your Mac.

Stroller.