[mythtv-users] UK Freview HD isers - what specs are your frontends

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:09:51 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> As the subject suggests - I'd like to get a feel for what setup UK
> freeview HD users are using on their frontend to decode BBC HD streams.

I'd be interested too.

If that hardware turns out to be out of reach you can of course
transcode the H.264 to MPEG2 using mplayer/mencoder and then watch it
on significantly lesser hardware.

AFAIK the freeview signal is officially only a 'test' so they may move
the goal post from time to time by changing their broadcast standard.