[mythtv-users] reprise: improve frontend usability: working with a slick remote

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:11:27 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2007, at 15:25, come se fosse antani wrote:

> > So, any idea changes here on the ML?
> > I'm yet the only one that is looking for something like a "slick
> > remote"?
> > Do you like _really_ that huge HTPC remote? :) I've an ati remote
> > wonder...
>
> I also like this idea. I don't see the point of 30+ buttons on a
> remote, when you already have the TV available to use as a UI.
>
> But considering the popularity of the Harmony remotes (I detest
> these!!) and recent requests for support for Microsoft SideShow-
> capable remotes <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
> 259402#259402> there are obviously two quite different schools of
> thought on this matter!!

Let me be straight, here, but please don't see me as "rude": in every
way that's related with my poor english not with my intentions.
I _think_ that most people that actually like the huge remote are
"used" to that... there are people that like messy desktop, people
with clean desktop and... people that have no interest to clean it.
Perhaps it can be useful to show a "new way" to do something (like in
some ways traced from Apple... i'm not an apple fan, i'm using
everyday at home linux since years).
I don't know if it's so difficult to implement in the current myth,
but I'm pretty sure that can be a new way to "consider" the htpc. The
power of myth is sure but, from my point, is that there is something
to do with the "pleasuse of usability".

my .2 cents