[mythtv-users] NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers

Jon jon at sd-6.org
Wed Mar 28 18:05:08 UTC 2007

I haven't run glxgears, but the Xorg log would indicate that they were
loaded successfully.  Mythfrontend logs indicate that it is working.  I do
get glx effects in the menu.  So by all acounts I assume it working fine.

> Also, you didn't mention which nvidia driver version you're using.
> The later drivers support an option in the xorg.conf "UseEvents",
> which you should set to true.  I don't know if this matters based on
> card series (5200 vs. 6100), but I know it's only supported in later
> driver versions and could be making the difference for the 6100.

Version 9746, and UseEvents is enabled.  It makes no difference on my 5200
but makes a big difference on the 6100.

> Also, it might help to post your xorg.conf file.

Section "Module"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        #Load   "glx"
	  Load    "int10"
        Load    "vbe"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Video0"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "NoLogo"        "true"
        #Option         "NvAGP"         "1"
        Option          "UseEvents"     "true"
        Option          "TripleBuffer"  "true"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor"
        Option          "DPMS"
        Modeline        "720p"     74.50   1280 1344 1472 1664    720  723
728  748 -hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen0"
        Device          "Video0"
        Monitor         "Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "720p" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Nvidia"