[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:28:07 UTC 2007

> >I went with the low-power (65W) version of the X2-4200+.
>
> And that's enough to do HD-playback? (and maybe handle a SD-recordning
> from a PVR-350 at the same time?)

Definitely.  I have 2 HD5500s, and have had done the following with no
glitches:
 - Record an HD stream on one card (not really CPU intensive)
 - Record an analog stream on the other (this taxes the resources a bit - the
HD5500 are simple frame-grabbers when it comes to analog)
 - Running 2 comm-flag processes on the two recordings.

While this was happening, I was watching a recording with no hiccups in the
audio or video.  It was very sweet.

Unfortunately at the moment, my media room looks like a computer graveyard due
to my attempts to build a dedicated back-end out of spare parts I had laying
around.  It didn't work too well (couldn't stabalize the 6-yr old MB).  I
will be reverting back to my original setup tonight before Lost. :-)