[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation?

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Wed Mar 28 21:41:42 UTC 2007

Yes. In fact. I have both a PVR-500 and an HDHomerun (2 channel QAM
HDTV). My system can record on all 4 channels (2 SD via PVR500 and 2 HD
via HDHomerun) and playback at the same time. This even works running
only a single CPU core.

I am still having a problem with mythbackend going [defunct] from time
to time.... still trying to get a stable solution to that issue that
allows me to run both CPU cores as SMP.

Jan Johansson wrote:
>> I went with the low-power (65W) version of the X2-4200+.
>>

> And that's enough to do HD-playback? (and maybe handle a SD-recordning
> from a PVR-350 at the same time?)

==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV 0.20 SVN 16218 == checkinstalled
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34