[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:42:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:53:35PM +0200, Jan Johansson wrote:
> >I have the above in my MythTV system and am quite happy.
>
> The N2 or N2S?
>
> A question for you (and the other poster responding) which CPU
> have you chosen?

Uh, neither?  I have the Abit NF-M2:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127013

And my parents have the Asus M2NPV-VM:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131014

In mine, I have the 65 Watt X2 3800 (2.0 GHz), but have it
overclocked to 2.2 GHz.  My parents' is the 65 Watt X2 4200 (2.2
GHz), running at stock speed.

The performance of both machines is fantastic.  We each have only
one HD tuner card (parents=pcHDTV 3000, me=5500), so we're not
pushing the hardware too much.  (Although, for what it's worth, I am
running seti at home on my MythTV box, though nice'ed at -19.)

The 9xxx nvidia drivers made an *enormous* improvement in terms of
lowered CPU usage during HD playback.

Hope that helps!
Matt