[mythtv-users] Custom Recording File Path/Name Format

Justin jd2666+mythtvlist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:49:51 UTC 2007

I do sometimes view the recordings external to Mythtv.
I also put recordings into their own folders because I like to have my
files organized. Like I put both recordings and DVD rips of The Red
Green Show in a folder of the show name.
Using symlinks may work except that when I do something like transcode
a show it will put the new file in folder of links and delete the
original link.
I do rename based on episode title and episode start time using
mythrename.pl and put them in their own folders with Storage Groups as
this is most compatible with Mythtv so far.
It would be if I could just do this in Mythtv without these
workarounds as they have the following problems:
1. Sometimes the Job Queue is busy with transcoding and flagging jobs
so it takes a while for my script to run.
2. I have to create a Storage Group for each show I want it's own
folder and change it's recording rule to use it.
3.  Having a group for each show may cause some performance problems
as Storage Groups weren't designed for this usage to my knowledge.
Justin