[mythtv-users] Wavy video on svideo playback GeForce FX 5200

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Mar 29 05:00:35 UTC 2007

I am getting wavy lines when I play back recorded video via the svideo
out of the GeForce FX 5200 I have.  I am using the 9755 video driver.
When I play the same video on a 19 inch lcd monitor via the cards VGA
output there is not any problem.  I only see the problem when the video
is playing and not when the mythtv menu is displaying.  What I mean by
wavy lines is that it appears that the picture is broken into various
bands and the bands run vertically on the screen and are a little right
to left.

I can display my whole xorg config if required but here are the parts I
think matter.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This was a test before I connect the mythtv box to my main TV.  I really
want to get rid of the tivo.

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"