[mythtv-users] Another Zap2It schedule error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 29 19:56:51 UTC 2007

On 03/29/2007 02:53 PM, Charles H. Chapman wrote:
> According to the schedule for the Central Florida area downloaded from
> Zap2It, there was supposed to be a new episode of "One Tree Hill" on the
> CW network last night at 9 PM (the description was clearly of a new,
> never-before-seen episode).  Instead, an encore performance of this
> week's episode of "The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next
> Doll" was shown.  Both Yahoo and DirecTV's online guides indicated that
> the PCDs was the correct show.  Not that I don't fully appreciate the
> PCDs (I do) but it's troubling that Zap2It has been making mistakes
> lately (tonight's "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC is another case in point -- as
> has been discussed, the description of tonight's show as supplied by
> Zap2It is for -last- week's show.  Tonight's show is actually a rerun
> from earlier in the season)

Garbage in = garbage out.  The Zap2It data is only as good as the data
provided by the networks.***  So, please vent your frustration toward
the networks--who aren't doing anything to help MythTV--rather than
toward Tribune Media/Zap2It/DataDirect, which provides an invaluable
service to North American MythTV users.

Mike

*** And the MythTV corollary: The MythTV data is only as good as the
data provided to Zap2It by the network /at the time mythfilldatabase
downloads that day's data/.