[mythtv-users] Mytharchive with Vfat (was Problem with MythArchive)

Tom Weichmann tomcw at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 29 23:48:39 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 08:36, John Drescher wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Tom Weichmann <tomcw at adelphia.net> wrote:
> > I am having a problem trying to create a dvd with MythArvhive.  Does
> > anyone know if the output form the log window gets saved somewhere,
> > because I cannot remember exactly what the error was.  The error was
> > after the transcode of the video.  It dies complaining of an OS error
> > that it cannot
> > create 'thumbnail.jpg' on /windows/G/work/.  I am using SuSE 10.2 Myth
> > 0.20. Does it matter that my MythArchive working directory is on a VFAT
> > drive?
>
> Yes the log file does get saved. It should be called mythburn.log and
> it probably will be in the /windows/G/logs folder. As my work is
> /tmp/work and my logs are in /tmp/logs.
>
> John

Thanks John,

OK here is my problem straight form the log.  It looks like MythArchive does
not like its working directory to be on a VFAT formatted drive.  I cannot
burn a DVD because when I try, after transcoding, I get the following error:

======================================
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/logs': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/logs/mythburn.log': Operation not
permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/logs/progress.log': Operation not
permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/.DS_Store': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of
`/windows/G/Super.Size.Me.DVDRip.XviD-Steffmeister.jpg': Operation not
permitted
chmod: changing permissions of
`/windows/G/Super.Size.Me.DVDRip.XviD-Steffmeister.fxd': Operation not
permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/config': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/windows/G/config/mydata.xml': Operation not
permitted
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3600, in
<module>
    processJob(job)
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3388, in
processJob
    processFile(node,folder)
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3225, in
processFile
    copy(previewImage, os.path.join(folder, "thumbnail.jpg"))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 81, in copy
    copymode(src, dst)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 60, in copymode
    os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/windows/G//work/1/thumbnail.jpg'

There were even more CHMOD errors, but it would have been too long to post.
Looks like basically it was trying to chmod all of the files on this
partition.  I don't know why it would WANT to do this.

Does anyone know how to fix this aside form reformatting this partition to a
linux/unix format?

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann