[mythtv-users] TV out for unlisted card?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Fri Mar 30 04:30:27 UTC 2007

Angus wrote:
>   6200 does, too, but when I tried to look up the hardware
> requirements for this card, I got no where. I e-mailed nVidia asking for
> this information, but I get the feeling they are the type of outfit that
> doesn't answer its mail.
Angus

I run a 933Mhz PIII machine and I have onboard 3x DVB-T cards for input
and an FX5200 for TV out, plus a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card for audio
output. If you are looking at analog cards, a PVR150 would do your input
and once again an FX5200 or above for your TV out. As long as your TV
cards either support onboard encoding OR output a mpg stream AND you
have something like an FX5200 & above, your machine should be fine for
SD recordings/playback.

Cheers
Bruce