[mythtv-users] Moving

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Mar 30 04:54:06 UTC 2007

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> says:
> Find* and All don't care about the channel so Single, Weekslot,
> Timeslot and Channel are the only ones that need to be fixed.

[...]

> This is boring but it's got to be less difficult and a lot less
> margin for error than recreating every rule from scratch.

When I had a TiVo I thought ahead and avoided this hassle by not
setting up any Season Passes (the equivalent of Channel). I set up
Wishlists (keyword-based recording rules) instead.

I haven't done this with MythTV because of a) MythTV's many and varied
present recording rules--much, much more flexible than TiVo's
single-record and Season Pass options--and b) when I got started, back
in 0.18 days, one could not just push 'E' to bring up the Custom
Record screen when looking at a program listing. Maybe the
documentation should start encouraging people to use Custom Record
rules more often?