[mythtv-users] Moving

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Mar 30 07:01:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 21:54 -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> When I had a TiVo I thought ahead and avoided this hassle by not
> setting up any Season Passes (the equivalent of Channel). I set up
> Wishlists (keyword-based recording rules) instead.

Not a bad idea.  When Tivo shuffles the channel names, I end up silently
missing episodes of shows.  Not good...

> I haven't done this with MythTV because of a) MythTV's many and varied
> present recording rules--much, much more flexible than TiVo's
> single-record and Season Pass options--and b) when I got started, back
> in 0.18 days, one could not just push 'E' to bring up the Custom
> Record screen when looking at a program listing. Maybe the
> documentation should start encouraging people to use Custom Record
> rules more often?

See, with Myth I ended up doing "on any channel" recordings.  This way I
didn't have to set up multiple rules for Law & Order.  However, I had to
go through some serious pain eliminating episodes that I'd already
watched.  But once that was done, all was well.  And now it's
portable... ;)

	-I