[mythtv-users] Moving

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Mar 30 15:12:57 UTC 2007

Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> says:
> See, with Myth I ended up doing "on any channel" recordings.  This
> way I didn't have to set up multiple rules for Law & Order.
> However, I had to go through some serious pain eliminating episodes
> that I'd already watched.  But once that was done, all was well.
> And now it's portable... ;)

I do the same thing for many rules. However, there are situations this
won't work for. For example, the travel programs _Smart Travels with
Rudy Maxa_ and _Rick Steves' Europe_ air on two HD channels (a local
PBS affiliate and HDNet) and several SD channels (various PBS
channels). I only want to watch the HD versions, naturally. So what
I've done here is to set up two Channel record rules, one each for PBS
and HDNet. I know the right way to do this, à la my Wishlist-only
policy with TiVo, is to set up a Custom Record rule for the program
and specify I only want HD versions, but a) I was lazy and b) I'm
always spooked by the notion--sometimes true in my experience--that
the guide data won't be accurate in terms of the HD flag.