[mythtv-users] splitting and grounding coax?

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Fri Mar 30 20:37:35 UTC 2007

So, Now that I'm getting a PVR-500 to go with my PVR-350, I'm thinking about how to get the coax cable to each tuner without hosing my signal.  What's the best way (or best product) to do this?

Also, in my old setup, I split the cable and ran one into my PVR-350 and one into my TV.  Then I ran the svideo out from the PVR-350 to my TV on video 2.  So, if the box was recording a show and my son _had_ to watch curious george, we could set the TV to normal TV (instead of video 2) to watch it.  When I originally cabled it this way, it worked fine, but when I added an external USB hard drive to the setup, I got crazy hum out of my stereo receiver.  I'm sure I created a ground loop somehow.  So, I'm wondering what people use to eliminate that problem?  In my new setup, there won't be any external drives, but I just want to split the incoming cable feed in the cleanest and most efficient way possible and I figure that this cat has been skinned by people in the list already.

Thanks,

Shane

--
Shane Hickey <shane at howsyournetwork.com>: Network/System Consultant