[mythtv-users] garbage on top few pixels of HD video

jaggroups jaggroups at brownout.com
Sat Mar 31 16:34:23 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am having an odd problem with my myth box.
I have noticed that my recording of Raines from my PCHDTV 5500 card
off the air plays with some garbage on the top.
You can see an example at: http://www.brownout.com/raines-garbage.jpg

It only shows up while it is playing.  If I pause the video it goes
away.  It seems to happen with whatever playback settings I use
(decoder and deinterlacer settings).

The video seems fine when I play it back on my mac.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
I have noticed this problem on other content recorded from NBC (off
air HD).
I haven't noticed it with content from other networks.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks!

			-Jeremy