[mythtv-users] MYSQL not starting...

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Tue May 1 14:16:33 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> I see, yes it was commented out.
>
> I've changed it and rebooted but yet I'm still getting nothing in the
> logs after trying to restart mysql???

but ... did you look into mysqlbinlog? Have a look in /var/log/mysql/,
eg, 'ls -lt /var/log/mysql/'. You might see log files like
/var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.000087. The top one will be the most recent
one, mysql-bin.000087 in my case. Then, try
mysqlbinlog --database=mythconverg <your log file name> | less

If your mysql installation is using binary logs, then _don't_ try to turn
on the old style logging to /var/log/mysql, you'll just slow things down
unnecessarily.

cheers.